B-17 Update

Once again work activities have not left me with much time to spend in the lab. I finally did get a chance yesterday to breadboard the first stage of the B-17 preamp and it works great!

I also ordered an aluminum chassis and the materials to make a turret board. I had considered just doing point-to-point wiring, but after drawing out the resulting layout it turned into more of a rat’s nest and could be difficult to modify if improvements are needed.

I also was getting tired of searching through the resistor bin to find the right values, so spent some time organizing my resistors by the first two numbers of their value as shown below.

Now it is much easier to find the right value quickly. That’s it for now – hopefully more to come soon.